1. The productive things you’re doing today are going to impact your tomorrows. You might feel restless over the fact you’ve been sleeping, eating, working, and repeating the process over and over again — but in a few months you might be able to take your dream vacation. In a few years you might be able to buy your dream home. Remember, even if it feels like your hard work hasn’t been paying off, it will eventually. It’s happening little by little, even if you can’t see it yet.
2. You’re in complete control of your own world. Maybe you can’t take off from work and fly across the country on a whim. But you can choose to do something fun after work instead of waiting for the weekend. You can see some friends. You can check out a new restaurant. You can visit a new park. Or you can treat yourself to a special breakfast in the mornings so you have something to look forward to when you first wake up. You can adjust your schedule in little ways in order to make your life feel less repetitive — and maybe even exciting.
3. Boredom isn’t always a bad thing. You might feel like nothing great is going on in your world right now — but if you’re bored, nothing must be happening either. You should appreciate the fact that there isn’t any drama. There isn’t any heartache. There isn’t any pain. Don’t take your boredom for granted. Enjoy it while it lasts.
4. Sometimes, responsibility feels suffocating. Sometimes, the worst decisions make you feel the best. And the best decisions make you feel the worst. Now that you’re getting older, you need to act more mature. You need to be careful about your decision-making. Of course, that doesn’t mean you’re done having fun. You should find a way to strike a balance between being a responsible adult and acting like a kid at heart. You shouldn’t lean too far to either side. You should exist somewhere in between.
5. Consistency can be a good thing. You have to stop equating with . Sometimes, the most exciting situations are the most toxic ones. Even though you might crave adventure, it might actually be a good thing if you feel comfortable with your relationship, comfortable with your career, comfortable with your home. It might mean you’re in exactly the right place.
6. Your life isn’t going to be this way forever. Nothing stays the same. Things are slowly going to change, whether that’s something you’re excited about experiencing or dreading. That means, if life feels impossible right now, you can be soothed by the fact that this is only temporary. Things are going to change. are going to change.
7. You’re allowed to be frustrated with your life. You’re allowed to complain. You’re allowed to mope. Just don’t mope forever. Don’t let your misery last too long. Give yourself a little while to vent about everything that’s been bothering you and then either make a change or accept your life the way it is. Those are your two options. Your only options.