1. It’s up to you to change the course you’re currently on. You can’t wait around for someone to offer you a sparkling new opportunity. You can’t cross your fingers that things will magically change if you wait long enough. If there’s a change you’re interested in making in your world, then need to be the one to make it. You need to put in the effort. You need to take the initiative. You have the power to transform your own life. Take it.
2. Moving backward, or putting your goals on pause, is part of life. It’s good that you want to move forward — but you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself for any setbacks you have faced. You’re not always going to be taking steps forward. Sometimes, you’ll take steps sideways and sometimes you’ll step backwards, but that doesn’t mean you should quit. Mistakes are bound to happen. They aren’t important. What’s important is how you recover from them.
3. Procrastinating isn’t going to do you any favors. The is never going to be perfect. You’re always going to be able to come up with an excuse to wait until tomorrow if you let yourself. You have to learn the difference between moments when waiting is a rational choice and when waiting is a form of procrastination. You cannot allow fear to hold you in place. Eventually, you need to stop talking about what you’re planning on doing and actually follow through on the idea.
4. Your comfort zone isn’t going to help you grow. You need to get out there and take (smart, thoughtful) risks. If you remain in your comfort zone because it’s easier, more comfortable, more reliable, then you’re never going to evolve. You need to challenge yourself. You need to put yourself in new situations. You need to trust yourself enough to take a chance on yourself.
5. Just because you stuck doesn’t mean it’s the reality. Maybe you feel like you haven’t been making an ounce of progress lately. Maybe you feel like you’re no closer to your dreams today than you were years ago. That doesn’t mean it’s the truth. You could be making invisible progress. You could be advancing toward your dreams without even realizing it. You might not actually be stuck right now. You might be doing fine.
6. It’s not greedy to want more out of life. You should never settle for less than you want. If you aren’t happy, you aren’t happy. You shouldn’t feel guilty over your sadness. You shouldn’t feel like you don’t have any right to be upset when there are so many beautiful aspects to your life. It’s possible to be thankful for everything you have and still want more. Those feelings are valid.
7. You might be stuck right now, but you won’t be stuck forever. Maybe you’re in a position where you quite literally make a change you’ve been dreaming about for ages. But one day, you’ll get there. One day, you’ll get out of your rut. One day, you’ll break free and find true happiness. You just can’t give up hope. You can’t doubt yourself. You can’t settle for less than you deserve.